How do I obtain a PA child or spousal support order?

A person seeking a PA child support or PA spousal support must file a support complaint with the PA domestic relations office of the court in order to establish a right to collect support. In order to obtain alimony, a request for alimony must be filed prior to the granting of a divorce decree. No legal obligation for the payment of support or alimony exists until the complaint is filed. Support complaints or can be filed by your attorney or by going to your local county court’s domestic relations office. If the defendant does not live in the same state or county as the plaintiff, the plaintiff can choose to file a support complaint in the county where he or she resides and have the action processed between the two county courts or can choose to file the support complaint in the county where the defendant resides, is employed, or can be personally served.